To maintain your hair extensions in the best possible condition, it is important that you follow these steps on caring for them.
1. Keep your hair clean. Accumulation of dirt, sweat and two much hair products can create a build up which can lead your hair extensions to tangle or mat up.
2. Before washing, brush or comb through your hair extensions. Wash hair in on direction with shampoo and apply conditioner.
3. Never sleep with wet hair. Make sure your hair is dried completely, either left to air dry or blow dried. Tie longer length hair in a ponytail or make big braids before going to bed.
4. Brush your hair extensions daily, starting from the bottom, and work your way up gradually to the top. If you're wearing a strand by strand technique, run your fingers through your hair from time to time to keep the bonds separated.
5. Do not tug or brush your hair harshly as this could weaken the bonds and always hold the hair while brushing to avoid tension on the roots.
6. Always wear a cap when swimming to prevent exposure to chlorine or salt water and wash your hair immediately after swimming.
7. Wet your wavy and curly textures with water, apply some leave-in conditioner, towel dry and scrunch to achieve the wave pattern.
8. Do not attempt to color your own hair extensions. Please visit one of our Dior Virgin Hair Lounge locations, or a professional near you.
9. Avoid using hair care products containing alcohol.